Stan Pike frames/bikes seem to be getting harder to find and I often get enquiries from prospective buyers. I thought a page for ‘wants’ and ‘sales’ (or even swaps) might be helpful. Let’s see how it goes.
Please contact me through the Contact page if you have a bike for sale, if you’re looking to buy one or you’re interested in any of the ones for sale.
- Toby Sharp is “after a 21 1/2″ or 22” square road racing frame, ideally built by Stan Pike. I’m happy with a renovation so long as the original paint and decals are good; I’d be using it for fast paced (typically 75miles @ 18mph) club rides and distance events, and maybe the odd hilly time-trial for fun, so I’d fit an up to date groupset and wheels.”
- Rob Wardle owned a Stan Pike 753 in the mid 80’s and is looking to buy one again – 753 – 54/55cm
- John Dabinett says “I grew up with Stans children and can remember watching Stan making bikes in his Crewkerne premises. I would love to own one of Stans bikes one day.” He’s looking for 58cm bottom of bottom bracket to top of seat tube – gents bike preferably tourer or racer
- James Soanes is looking to buy a Pike – 23.5″ is the smallest I can go and 25+ is also fine but somewhere around a 24″ ST is ideal, with a TT not overly long.
- Due to ill health, John Barnfield is selling his bicycles.
A lovely Pike of Crewkerne. Built in 1982 using Reynolds 531 plain gauge tubing. It’s a 20 & 1/2″ frame with 14 & 3/8 wheel clearance.
Since buying the bike, John has added a new stem, bars, brake levers, tyres, mudguards, chainset, bottle cage and all inner and outer cables.He will also supply a set of original Pike of Crewkerne decals.
See here for more details.
- Terry Manuel’s bicycle (currently in France). See his page here for further details.
Seat tube c-t – 21.5″/54.5cm
Top tube c-c – 21″/53.5cm
Terry says that ‘he does not have a price in mind. Depends on what the buyer wants, I have a wide selection of build options.’